Voting in TEXAS – Info, Links, and Dates
While raging on Twitter and protesting in front of our local courthouses can help us put our full emotions about Dobbs on display, the single most effective thing we can do is get involved in politics. While getting involved might look like showing up to town councils or getting on the ballot yourself, it all must start with showing up to vote. Every vote is a voice. And we need to make sure that the majority opinion that abortion care is healthcare is heard loud and clear through every one of our votes!
Understanding Voting Districts
The single most important thing you can do is vote. Together, we can drive the far right into insignificance.
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022 – Last Day to Register to Vote
- Monday, October 24, 2022 – First Day of Early Voting in Person
- Friday, October 28, 2022 – Last Day Ballot Application by Mail Accepted
- Friday, November 4, 2022 – Last Day of Early Voting in Person
- Wednesday, November 8, 2022 – Last day to Mail Ballot (postmarked or received if not postmarked) by 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 – Last day to Postmarked Ballot by Mail Accepted by 5:00 p.m.
Understanding Local Government
If you need help getting registered or getting to a polling location, we can connect you resources.
Understanding Statewide Elections
Information about voting can be confusing and hard to find for your specific area. Here are some of the simplest resources to help you get it all figured out.
Check your voter registration status, get application for mail in ballots, and track dates for upcoming races.
A list of vetted and endorsed pro-choice candidates from across the country.
Texas Election Information including dates, how to register, and how to volunteer.