In the wake of immense grief and loss, a powerful wave of rage has surged through our communities. We have witnessed the erosion of reproductive rights and the relentless attacks on the LGBTQIA+ community. But this is not the end of our story. Instead, it is the beginning of a year-long journey—a journey that will lead us to the polls in November 2024. Our collective rage is not just a cry for justice; it is a call to action, fueling a movement that aims to flip seats in the Texas Legislature and elect local officials who will fight for the rights and well-being of all their constituents.
Channeling Grief into Unyielding Rage
Grief has transformed us, uniting us in an unwavering determination to effect change. Our pain has kindled an unrelenting rage within us—a force that refuses to be silenced. We understand that this rage, while powerful, must be harnessed purposefully. It is the fuel that propels us forward, driving us to take action, to make our voices heard, and to bring about the justice we demand.
Culminating in November 2024
Our year of rage is not an end in itself, but a means to an even greater end. The ultimate purpose is to rally as many young and diverse individuals as possible to the voting booths in November 2024. We recognize that change occurs not just in the streets and through protests, but in the halls of power. By flipping seats in the Texas Legislature and electing officials who prioritize the rights and needs of all, we can dismantle oppressive systems and create a more just and inclusive society.
Empowering the Next Generation
This movement is fueled by the energy and passion of the next generation. We understand the power that lies in our hands—the power to shape the future we want to see. It is crucial that we empower young people, providing them with the tools and resources to engage in civic action, register to vote, and make informed decisions. By uniting our voices and leveraging our collective strength, we can reshape the political landscape, ensuring that our elected representatives are accountable to the needs and aspirations of all Texans.
The Road Ahead
As we embark on this transformative journey, we must remain steadfast in our resolve. Our actions and protests are not just moments in time; they are stepping stones towards a future of true equality and justice. We must maintain the momentum, continuing to organize, mobilize, and educate our communities. Through voter registration drives, town hall meetings, and grassroots campaigns, we will build a movement that cannot be ignored.
- Ballotpedia (https://ballotpedia.org/): An online encyclopedia of American politics and elections that provides comprehensive information about candidates, ballot measures, and election processes at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Vote.org (https://www.vote.org/): A nonpartisan website that offers resources for voter registration, absentee voting, and checking voter registration status. It also provides information on early voting options, polling locations, and voter ID requirements.
- League of Women Voters (https://www.lwv.org/): A nonpartisan organization that encourages informed and active participation in government. Their website offers voter education resources, candidate forums, and information on local chapters and events.
- OpenSecrets (https://www.opensecrets.org/): A website that tracks money in politics, providing information on campaign contributions, lobbying, and the influence of money on elections. It can help shed light on the financial interests behind candidates and issues.
- Run for Something (https://www.runforsomething.net/): An organization that supports young, diverse progressives who are interested in running for office. Their website provides resources, mentorship opportunities, and guidance for individuals considering a political candidacy.
- Texas Secretary of State (https://www.sos.texas.gov/): The official website of the Texas Secretary of State’s office, where you can find information on voter registration, election laws, and important dates and deadlines related to upcoming elections.
- Project Vote Smart (https://votesmart.org/): A nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that provides unbiased information on candidates and elected officials. Their website offers candidate profiles, voting records, issue positions, and campaign finance data.
- County Democratic Party Websites (10 Biggest Counties in TX):
- Become a Voter Registrar: Check your local county or state election websites for information on becoming a voter registrar. They typically provide guidelines, training resources, and contact information for those interested in registering others to vote. Here are a few for most populous counties:
- Check Your Registration Texas Secretary of State Voter Portal
The journey from grief to rage is one of immense power and potential. It is a journey that requires sustained commitment, resilience, and a collective vision for a better future. Together, let us channel our rage into action, flipping seats, and electing officials who will champion the rights and well-being of all Texans. Our year of unyielding action is just the beginning—November 2024 awaits, when our collective voice will be heard loud and clear at the ballot box.
Join us on this journey. Let your rage be a catalyst for change. Together, we will shape the future of Texas and ensure that all voices are valued and protected.