BOOB SCHOOL – HBO The Janes Discussion
B.O.O.B School – Let’s Discuss HBO’s The Janes
Join us Thursday night for a discussion about HBO’s new documentary The Janes, a timely look at a group of women who built an underground network for women seeking safe, affordable, illegal abortions in 1970s Chicago.
- How did watching The Janes make you feel?
- In what ways is the plight of women today like the plight of women in 1972 and in what ways is it different? How do these similarities and differences affect our response to the challenges we face today?
- What is the most important takeaway for you personally from The Janes?
- What is the most important takeaway for us as a group from The Janes?
- What key reason did one of the Janes give for why they were able to do what they did for so long?
- Any other comments/questions/etc. you want to discuss about The Janes?
- What do you want the next BOOB School topic to be? Any suggestions to improve?